Before you can start using Secure Folder to protect the items on your phone you want kept private, you have to create one. Though, if you do already have Secure Folder set up on your phone for any other reason, you can skip this section.
- Open your Samsung phone’s Settings app.
- Scroll through the menu and select Biometrics and security.
- Tap the Secure Folder option.
- Sign into your Samsung account when prompted (or create one if you don’t have one already), then select either “Continue” or “Agree” (whichever pops up for you).
- Enter the requested Samsung account info and tap “Sign in” or “OK” (again, whichever pops up).
- Read over the permissions required to use Secure Folder, then select “Continue” if you’re okay with them.
- Select the kind of lock you want to use for your Secure Folder (Pattern, PIN, or Password). You can also turn on the toggle for Fingerprints for an added layer of biometric security.
- Enter the pattern, PIN, or password you want to use for the Secure Folder and select “Continue.” Enter it a second time when prompted, and tap “Confirm.”
Once your Secure Folder is all set up, you should see an icon for it appear on your phone’s home screen, which you can access by tapping on it (and entering the password, PIN, or pattern you set) at any time.