When you link a funding source with your Google account, the payment method becomes accessible on Google Play as well. Here’s how to do it on a computer:
- On a web browser, go to play.google.com.
- Tap the profile icon in the top-right corner of the page and click “Sign in with Google.”
- Log in using the Google account you use to access Google Play.
- Click the profile icon again and select “Payments & subscriptions” from the menu.
- With the “Payment methods” tab selected, click “Add credit or debit card.”
- Enter all the required card details.
- Hit Save.
The steps for adding a payment method are similar on an Android device or for a Chromebook user with the Play Store app enabled:
- Launch the Play Store app.
- Tap the profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Go to “Payments & subscriptions.”
- Select “Payment methods.”
- Choose your preferred payment method type.
- Follow onscreen prompts.
Other Google payment methods you can add (and access through Google Play) include PayPal and Google Play gift cards, which you can purchase online and in person. On an Android device, you have the added option of buying Google Play credits between $10 and $50 once you have a payment method in place. Additional payment methods can also be added:
- Follow steps 1 through 4.
- With the “Payment methods” tab selected, click “Add a payment method.”
- Choose your preferred payment method type and follow the onscreen prompts.
Once you have an active credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or gift card code in place, you should be able to use it to buy apps and upgrade app subscriptions on Google Play.