Don’t you hate it when you repeatedly have to go through the hassle of unlocking your iPad before you can open the utility tools (e.g., timer, notes, calculator) you need for your class? To keep things streamlined, just customize your Control Center, which, if you don’t already know, can be accessed even with your device locked. This way, you can conveniently open your frequently used utility tools when needed.
Here’s how to customize the Control Center on your iPad:
- Open your Settings app.
- Navigate to the Control Center.
- Add your preferred tools to the Included Controls section by tapping the green plus sign.
If you’re unsure which tools would be most useful in the classroom, here are a few ideas:
- Screen Recording: For recording your screen and voice during lessons.
- Calculator: For instant calculations, such as when an unexpected math problem comes up or when grading a student’s paper.
- Timer: For setting a timer during class activities.
- Magnifier: For zooming in on texts, images, and other types of presentations.
- Notes: For thoughts, ideas, and reminders, you’d like to jot down at random hours of the day.
- Text Size: For making the text on your iPad larger.
- Flashlight: For emergency situations.
- Camera: For taking photos and scanning QR codes.
Once you’re happy with your collection of tools, just exit Settings. You can then open the Control Center from any app or from the lock screen.